About Ukulele Foundation of Hawaii
President of the Fundation
We do a lot to make all the children of the world happy!
The `Ukulele Foundation of Hawaii invites you to be a part of the `Ukulele Picnic in Hawaii, to be held at Kaka`ako Waterfront Park. Talented musicians from Hawaii and Japan will perform on the hilltop stage overlooking Diamond Head, Honolulu Harbor, the ocean and mountains.
Upon arrival you will be reminded how blessed you are to live in Hawaii. Admission to the picnic is free. Along with the main stage non-stop entertainment, exhibitors will show ukulele related exhibits and merchandise and food vendors will be selling ono food and drink. Parking is available and free shuttle service will be provided from Waikiki. There will be inflatables for the kids and all are encouraged to bring mats for lawn seating.
This event now spreads Hawaiian messages of”Peace”,”Friendship”, and “Ohana” to all over the world. Please join and and enjoy peaceful time and incredible beauty of Hawaii.
My dream is to contribute to creating peaceful and joyful society by spreading out the emotional value of the Ukulele and its music.The Ukulele Museum and its activities in Honolulu will enable us to make my Life-time dream come true.We want to do to the place that there is a ukulele when children visit here by the class trip as a fieldwork, is a person who teaches playing the ukulele, and the history of the ukulele can be studied.
The Ukulele Museum
Culture & History: まるでウクレレの中に入りこんだようなワクワク展示ホール。ウクレレの奥の深さを実感できる歴史の散歩道。そんなMuseumにしたい。
Live Concert: ミニライブ、ウクレレスクールの発表会、ツーリスト向けのワークショップ等が開催されるオープンライブホール。多目的に楽しく使いたい。
Since its incorporation in October 2007, the foundation has hosted six big fundraising events.
- February 12, 2017 – 9th `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- February 14, 2016 – 8th `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- February 8, 2015 – 7th `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i in Big Island
- May 25, 2014 – 6th `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- February 10, 2013 – 5th `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- February 12, 2012 – 4th `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- February 13, 2011 – 3rd `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- February 14, 2010 – 2nd `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- December 6, 2009 – `Ukulele Pa`ina at Pipeline Cafe to benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children
- February 14, 2009 – 1st `Ukulele Picnic in Hawai`i
- December 2, 2007 – Christmas `Ukulele Pa`ina to benefit the children of Soweto, South Africa
- May 6, 2007 – `Ukulele Pa`ina to benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children
- October 2007 – `Ukulele Foundation of Hawai`i incorporation